Monday, July 19, 2010

My Career Interests & Background

I wanted to blog today about my career background and professional interests. You will also find this in much detail on my website, ShabanaWollin.com and also reading about me here. 

I am an IBM Certified Advanced Application Developer - Lotus Notes & Domino since version 4.x. I am also a Six Sigma Black Belt. I am in the process of getting my PMI Certification (just have to schedule the exam and take it!) I have spent 14 years of my career in IT & Manufacturing, developing solutions & helping companies improve their processes, maximize their ROI and acheive measurable results. Some of the industries I have worked in include: Finance & Banking, Risk Management, Insurance, Metals & Mining, Business Consulting Services, County Governments, & Government owned companies.
I started my own consulting practice in 2009, Bluefrog Technologies LLC after suffering a layoff. I got involved with various technologies besides IBM Lotus Notes & Domino, expanded my business development skill set, maximized on social networking, volunteered in the community, mentored other IT professionals,served on my son's school advisory board, got involved with my Alma Mater, University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee Alumni, reconnected with old friends, read, re-explored my hobbies of Crochet, Knitting, & Jewelry Making & spent time reconnecting with my family! I realized I was learning a lot more from the people I was meeting and the connections I was making. Learning that would not have been possible while I was employed. I strongly believe everything in life happens for a reason, be it good or bad. You have to remain strong, have faith and learn from it. Its easier said than done! While I was unemployed, I continued doing a lot of volunteer work and explored industries that I have never had any experience in.
Today as a result, I have an opportunity to be working as a Project Manager consultant for a company in the Healthcare Insurance field implementing a social media solution. You can learn about my current employer, Independent Care Health Plan, iCare by visiting their website. As a result of this project I am gaining new expertise in Social Media Marketing for healthcare & persons with disabilities, creating employment opportunities for youth with disabilities, utilizing social media to interact with physicians etc. Hence, on my blog you will find resources and posts related to these topics.
I am available to start on new projects in the First Quarter of 2011. If you are interested in learning about my consulting engagement process and hiring me, feel free to contact me or email me directly!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

LinkWithin

 
Free xml sitemap generator